Saturday, June 18, 2005

I got home today in Erie today, or I guess I should say yesterday since it's 1:45 AM. I'm not sure how happy I am to be home. Everyone keeps asking me the question. It's definitely good to see my parents whom I haven't seen in over 4 months. My mom cried at the airport which I expected. But after I finished hugging my mom, my dad came up. I didn't really expect him to be meeting me at the airport, not sure why I was under that impression. But, then he had tears in his eyes which I was shocked by. Talking to my mom later about it, she was too.

I came home and unpacked all my crap. I still have all my stuff spread all over the living room floor. I really don't feel like going through everything separating into stuff that can stay here and stuff I need for Philadelphia, but the job will have to be done eventually so my mom doesn't get upset.

Being home for a week now and since I have been insulated from Americans, I've realized how annoying, obnoxious, and ignorant Americans are. When I was in Palm Springs, I was talking to Dino about it, and he laughed. It's kind of funny how I have been just observing people's behavior. Then I say to myself how I can never act like "those" people.

Coming home has been frustrating at times. Each time something frustrating happens, it makes me wanna get on a flight back to Melbourne. They're really small things that are getting to me. I was in Sam's Club today to buy a phonecard so I can start calling everyone. I was about to swipe my credit card when the cashier said they didn't accept Mastercard. Inside my head, I was thinking "Whaaaaat. Are you f*ckin kiddin me. Who the f*ck doesn't accept Mastercard, honestly?" You could probably use Mastercard in Iraq for who knows what. I really thought I was going to flip out on this cashier. It wasn't his fault at all, but I really thought I was gonna start swearing. However, I restrained myself and just kept shaking my head in disbelief. I asked my mom if she could pay for it, and she did luckily. Everyone probably reading this probably thinks I'm absolutely crazy right now, but for someone who has been frustrated beyond belief this past week the situation was pushing me over the edge. I just wanted the damn phonecard so I could call some people tonight.

After that whole situation, my mom and I went out to my dad's house for dinner. I saw my brother too. Some of my dad's friends came over for dinner too, not exactly sure why but I didn't mind. I sorta did in a way cause I just wanted it to be my mom, dad, and bro but oh well. I wasn't exactly in the mood to be social and talk about my time down under. Dinner was good - we had steak, salad, garlic bread, and blueberry pie for dessert. Some typical American food. After dinner I fell asleep on the couch because I was tired and because I didn't feel like socializing...lol. By the time I woke up, it was time for my mom and I to come back home.

I have been doing laundry. I will probably be up for the next couple of hours. Just a thought ran through my mind now: why am I doing my laundry when my mom could do it for me? lol.

Tomorrow (or today) is Father's Day. I will be going out to my dad's house again to spend some time with him. We'll probably just watch the US Open together. The US Open is one of the four major PGA golf tournaments. Three of the four are held in the US, and the other is held in the UK. Not much else is on the agenda for tomorrow besides more unpacking.

*SIGH*


Mark




Comments: Post a Comment

 

 

 

 

 

Image hosted by Photobucket.com About Me

Name: Mark Marasco
Age: 22
Location: Erie, PA, USA
Occupation: Corporate b*tch
AIM: Eminem067
MSN: MarkM2284@hotmail.com
EMAIL: mjm606@psu.edu

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Favorite Current Movie:
 The 40 Year Old Virgin
Favorite Current Song:
 The Dandy Warhols "The Dope"

Archives
April 2005June 2005July 2005August 2005September 2005October 2005November 2005December 2005January 2006February 2006March 2006April 2006May 2006June 2006August 2006

 

Chatterbox