Tuesday, August 23, 2005

I HATE WORK!!!

I had to be at work today at 7:30 am and finished at 3. blah. less than six hours of sleep last night. I need at least 8 in order to feel good the following day. At about 130, I felt like I was going to pass out from all the standing. I had so many thoughts running through my head, like "Mark, what the hell were you thinking when you said you wanted to work these last two weeks...you definitely should not have worked and just listened to mom about not working." If my mom knew this, she would probably yell at me (but in a polite motherly way) about how she was right and how I should have just taken these last two weeks off since I worked hard this summer at my internship. But, I'm a workaholic. I need or maybe I should say want the money. But as I've mentioned before, I will go to school very motivated because I never want to work the rest of life at such a sh*t job only making $8 per hour. I won't be able to get anywhere in life working such a job. I was talking to someone that works at the supermarket in general merchandise. He said he makes $8.50 an hour. He can barely his bills. But, he never went to uni. More motivation to work and study hard at uni this year. I haven't set a goal for 1st semester yet. I am taking six subjects which is more than a normal load. I'm thinking a 3.5 GPA. I want to graduate with at least a 3.5 GPA. Two more Dean's List would be nice also.

When I got home today, I noticed a DHL package by the door. I knew it would be for me, and I had a feeling it was going to be from KPMG. It was my official offer letter for full-time employment. A couple of surprises:

First surprise...my salary according to the paperwork is $3,000 higher than what I was told during my oral offer given at the office a few weeks ago. I have received a $3,000 raise and have not even started working yet. But, I'm not about to argue with them.

Second surprise...I receive 25 paid days off for vacation, illness, and absence. I didn't really think much of it until my mom read the letter. She said something like "Mark, you get 25 paid days off, whaaaa!?!?!?" Then it hit me. 25 paid days off. That's five weeks of work that I get to take off and get paid for it! What a sweet deal! Hmm...where should I go? My mom said that I should take her to Italy. I would LOVE to go there.

Now, I just have to wait to see if I receive an offer from the San Fran office. Time will tell.



Mark




Comments:
damn good blog, check out mine http://juicyfruiter.blogspot.com, comments always welcome!
 
Post a Comment

 

 

 

 

 

Image hosted by Photobucket.com About Me

Name: Mark Marasco
Age: 22
Location: Erie, PA, USA
Occupation: Corporate b*tch
AIM: Eminem067
MSN: MarkM2284@hotmail.com
EMAIL: mjm606@psu.edu

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Favorite Current Movie:
 The 40 Year Old Virgin
Favorite Current Song:
 The Dandy Warhols "The Dope"

Archives
April 2005June 2005July 2005August 2005September 2005October 2005November 2005December 2005January 2006February 2006March 2006April 2006May 2006June 2006August 2006

 

Chatterbox