Monday, August 22, 2005

I talked to Frank, one of the Chinese exchange students from last semester, earlier tonight. It was the first time I have talked to him since IH. I had the wrong msn name by one letter...woops. He told me that Linlin and JK, the medicine tutor, were getting married. I was astonished, I couldn't believe it. I am happy for them, but I am so surprised at the same time. Hopefully she gets a big fat diamond ring from him.

I received my Business 2.0 magazine today. I get it for free since I'm a member of an honor society. Overall, the magazine isn't that great, definitely not as good as BusinessWeek. But in the table of contents (or whatever magazines call it for that matter), under "What's Cool" read " 130...Travel...As layovers get longer, airports are getting creative. Here are six great ways to pass the time." So I immediately flip to page 130. One of the six airports highlighted was the Singapore Changi Airport. What a surprise! Maybe I will have the opportunity to experience it next summer. But they said the following about the airport:
"Grauman's Chinese it's not, but the theater adjacent to Terminal 2 does play a free stream of second-run, English-language films 24 hours a day. Later, stretch your legs on a walk through one of the airport's many gardens - you'll find orchids, koi ponds, and sunflower mazes in Terminal 2 and an open-air cactus garden on the roof of Terminal 1. Those with a little more energy can belt our a few tunes at the karaoke lounge in Terminal 1 or catch the live jazz performances by local musicians at Harry's Bar, located on a landscaped terrace overlooking the runways."
Accurate or no? Better than their description? Hopefully I will find out next summer.

I watched ABC News' World News Tonight. They reported 87 Asian Nationals have been arrested for attempting to bring into the US $4 million in counterfeit currency. The US government suspects North Korea has a group counterfeiting US money, cigarettes, and other goods. I'm glad I took Asia-Pacific International Politics because I actually learned a lot. I never knew how much our news was biased and how the US government has tried to paint a negative picture of the North Koreans. I am quite skeptical of the whole report that was on the news (the latter that is). What proof does the US government have for such claims? I don't feel like talking politics anymore so I'll leave it at that.

I just watched Jay Leno's Jaywalking a few minutes ago. I swear some Americans are really fuc*ing stupid. I really hope these people are the minority of the population. If you can't answer the following questions, you don't deserve to be a citizen of this country:
Who is the Chief Justice (of the Supreme Court)? - William Rehnquist (spelling probably wrong, at least I know the answer)
Who is Tony Blair? - Britian's PM
Who is Benedict XVI? - the Pope
What is the President's wife's name? - Laura
Who ran in the last presidential election? - George Bush and John Kerry
What street/road is the White House on? - Pennsylvania Avenue

There were other questions but I don't recall all of the them. The point is, as an American, you should be able to answer these questions...they're very easy in my opinion. If you can't, you should be deported. That may be a lil harsh but a lot of Americans need to become more educated/informed.


Mark




Comments: Post a Comment

 

 

 

 

 

Image hosted by Photobucket.com About Me

Name: Mark Marasco
Age: 22
Location: Erie, PA, USA
Occupation: Corporate b*tch
AIM: Eminem067
MSN: MarkM2284@hotmail.com
EMAIL: mjm606@psu.edu

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Favorite Current Movie:
 The 40 Year Old Virgin
Favorite Current Song:
 The Dandy Warhols "The Dope"

Archives
April 2005June 2005July 2005August 2005September 2005October 2005November 2005December 2005January 2006February 2006March 2006April 2006May 2006June 2006August 2006

 

Chatterbox